This announcement has been long awaited! The fourth annual Karamoja Cultural Event 2017 will take place from August 31st to September 2nd in Nabilatuk Sub County, Nakapiripirit District in Uganda.
– Karamoja Cultural Association (KCA)
– Nakapiripirit Karamoja Cultural Event (KCE)
This year’s celebrations will be guided by the theme ‘Emorikin Ekinyoma Ateker’, it builds on the previous years’ theme.
Topic of Talk
Karamoja – Dialogue: Karamoja Land (Ngalup a Karimojong). The land is a serious issue in Karamoja, how best should we position our selves to protect and defend our Land? Are we all conversant with the land tenure system in Karamoja?
Nabilatuk Sub County, Nakapiripirit District.
1st September – 2nd September 2017
- Karamoja Dialogue at 9:00am at Arengesiep SSS, facilitated by KDF
- Traditional games, plays and dances right from morning to evening at the main grounds
- Theater performance on environmental conservation, minerals and land in the evening. Facilitated by GIZ
- Aperiet takes place at the end of the day at the river side, no need to worry of accommodation
- Camp fire for those not at the river side, story telling and riddles take place.
- Traditional match, elders clear the crowd for the match
- All Assemble at the main grounds after the match.
- Start with traditional prayers, traditional performances, speeches, theme presentation and fundraise towards Girl Child Education in Nakaps.
- Sellection and crowning of our Ambassadors of culture, Mr and Miss Culture in the evening
- Socializing, interacting, eating eating eating and dancing, dancing, dancing and dancing, ululating and ululating jik.